Folded cloth napkins are an easy way to dress up your table setting when entertaining. Follow these easy instructions for the trifold method and display napkins upright on plates, or lay them flat next to the place setting. While heavier fabrics may need to be starched in order to hold their shape, this method should work on most cloth napkins.
1. Spread a square cloth napkin out in front of you, offset so that it forms a diamond shape.
2. Bring the bottom corner up to match the top corner.
3. Bring the right corner up to match the top corner. Repeat with the left corner.
4. Maintaining the shape, flip the entire napkin upside down.
5. Bring the bottom corner up to match the top corner.
6. Bring the left corner over to the right.
7. Pick up napkin and arrange so that the folded corner is towards you and the open ends face away.
Display upright on a plate, or leave folded in a triangle and place just under the plate with the fork on top.